Search Gun Site

Custom Search
DISCLAIMER: Text may be subject to copyright.This blog does not claim copyright to any such text. Copyright remains with the original copyright holder

Disclaimer: The statements and articles listed here, and any opinions, are those of the writers alone, and neither are opinions of nor reflect the views of this Blog. Aggregated content created by others is the sole responsibility of the writers and its accuracy and completeness are not endorsed or guaranteed. This goes for all those links, too: Blogs have no control over the information you access via such links, does not endorse that information, cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information provided or any analysis based thereon, and shall not be responsible for it or for the consequences of your use of that information.

Tuesday, 26 February 2008

Mohammad Anwar was shot five times by his own sub machine gun

A policeman was found dead insides a police post within the jurisdiction of Korangi Industrial Area (KIA) Police Station (PS) Monday. Thirty-eight-year old Mohammad Anwar was shot five times by his own sub machine gun (SMG) while he was on duty at police post Ameer Shaheed at Bhains Colony. On-duty policeman, Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) Ahmed Khan Niazi thinks that the post in-charge Nasur Hayat and another colleague Mohammad could be involved in the killing as they were both absent from duty Sunday night, the time of the murder. Niazi said that Hayat had recently arrested some criminals along with a dagger and was promoted by his officials after support from a political party. Niazi alleges that Hayat is an irresponsible policeman who did not do any police course to warrant the promotion. He is also known to take ‘bhatta’ money widely. “This never happens at the police post when he is on duty alone,” informed Niazi. “I think Hayat and Mohammad are involved in the killing.”Denying Niazi’s arguments, while talking to Daily Times, Hayat said, “I did a police course and that is why I was appointed as an ASI.” Hayat also said that he had the day shift while the crime took place at night and he did not know why Mohammad Anwar was not present on duty. When Hayat reached the post in the morning, Anwar was lying in a pool of blood. His SMG was also present there.
SHO KIA Mukhtiar Ahmed said that according to initial investigation, Anwar did not have any enemies inside the force. “Anwar was alone at the time of incident and it is possible that some of the friends came to visit him, where a fight broke out and they opened fired on Anwar.” An FIR, number 50/08, has been registered on behalf of Nasur Hayat against the unknown assailants. Acting-in-charge Landhi Town ASP Farrukh Bashir said that the case is being investigated from all angles. “Your argument that Hayat was involved in Anwar’s death might be true but we cannot arrest Hayat without any proof.” However, the ASP said that if found guilty, Hayat and Mohammad will immediately be arrested. The murdered Anwar was appointed to the police post one-and-a-half years ago. He lived at Green Town, Shah Faisal Colony and was the father of a child. His family lives in his hometown Sargodha. Anwar’s body, accompanied by two policemen, was rushed to his hometown by flight number PK-730.



Related Posts with Thumbnails